Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Let's get this blog rolling!

I would first like to say how much I have thoroughly enjoyed this training already. The highlight has been meeting so many educators that love their students and want the best for them. I wish all teachers were this way. Open-mindedness with change in the classroom is not an easy trait to find in teachers. To have so many of you say that you are not good with technology yet you jump right into blogs in the hopes of using them with the students is just awesome. You get HUGE kudos for that.

I also enjoyed our time with Pete on Tuesday. I know I will learn so much from him and Scott over the next four Tuesdays with Technology. Since the kids love technology so much, it just drives me to learn and integrate more of it into my classroom. I want to engage them like they never thought possible.

Thank you all for accepting me into the Yaya Sisterhood we call BWP. I don't mind being the "brother" in the group. By the way, in my introduction I mentioned I had a high schooler's mentality in elementary school. My wife says that I still have it. No respect.

4 Comments:

At Thu Jun 15, 08:43:00 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Scott, thank you for setting this up! Thanks for joining the women's group-we appreciate the addition!! That's what is best about BWP; learning from each other. Thank you for sharing and learning!

 
At Thu Jun 15, 04:11:00 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

Hi,
I decided to get started with this post. I am open to working with everyone in improving my technology awareness. I also look forward to many years of collaborating. It's a great way to find like-minded people. kat

 
At Fri Jun 16, 12:35:00 PM, Blogger Scott S. Floyd said...

ONE of the perks I love so much about this course is how quickly we all seemed to mesh-similar to a fruit salad. Each fruit brings their own texture, taste, color, and shape yet it wouldn't be a fruit salad with some of the ingredients missing. Each person in our group brings a new perspective to a subject. The first week has been both invigorating and tiring.
Now the subject Scott introduced about noneducators making the rules....In what other profession do you know where people make the rules but have no conception of the profession itself? Do you think that might be why we swing from one side of the pendulum to another? I've always said, "They" could save alot of time and money if "they" would just ask me. I'll be happy to help.

Teresa

 
At Fri Jun 16, 02:00:00 PM, Blogger Scott S. Floyd said...

I would settle for them just listening to us every now and then, but they don't want our input. I should clarify that "they" is the leadership of our state and our country. When it comes to education policy, they think they know best. I guess that is why we are going to have a $10 billion dollar budget shortfall when the Texas legislature meets in January after "fixing" school finance reform and property taxes. And we just had an $8 billion dollar surplus. Hmmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home